Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz says Putrajaya plans to table a motion to lift the statutory debt ceiling in the next parliamentary sitting session.
2. The King is disappointed that the Emergency Ordinances were revoked without his consent but PMO says he needs to “accept and act according to” Cabinet’s advice.
3. Rights group Liberty Shared reportedly asks the US Customs to probe Goodyear Malaysia over accusations of abusive labour practices.
4. Sime Darby says it believes there is value in the company's shares and a share buyback will provide some support to its share price.
5. Petronas quashes a purported statement by Ocean Wind International Industrial which alleges the latter is close to signing an MOU with the oil and gas company.