Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The IMF expects Malaysia’s economy to be the fastest growing among the ASEAN-5 countries in 2021, after shrinking this year.
2. Malaysia reports 85 new cases of Covid-19 today — the lowest daily figure after 28 days into the imposition of the movement control order.
3. The US Department of Justice returns another tranche of funds totalling US$300mil recovered from seizures related to 1MDB.
4. Serba Dinamik bags a US$1.78bil (RM7.71bil) job to construct an innovation hub in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
5. Investors pile into mTouche Technology after it announced that it would be jumping onto the medical equipment supply bandwagon.