SINGAPORE (June 19): Workers and students who cross the Causeway daily on foot may soon be able to do it for comfortably under a 1.2km sheltered walkway, according to a statement from a Johor official earlier on Wednesday.
Mohd Solihan Badri, chairman of the State Public Works, Infrastructure and Transportation Committee, says the walkway will make the journey across the Causeway safer for pedestrians, especially during peak hours.
It is estimated that 215,000 people crossed the Causeway from Johor to Singapore last year, of which 60% did it on foot.
“This is at a proposal stage. With the walkway, we can solve this safety issue,” he told reporters after visiting the proposed site for the walkway at the...(click on link for full story on theedgesingapore.com)