KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 7): theedgemarkets.com highlighted seven stocks at Bursa Malaysia's afternoon close on Wednesday (Sept 7).
Three stocks had positive momentum, and four had negative momentum.
The stocks with positive momentum were:
- HB Global Ltd — up two sen at 13 sen
- Innature Bhd — up 3.5 sen at 57.5 sen
- Optimax Holdings Bhd — up 1.5 sen at 73.5 sen
The stocks with negative momentum were:
- Kim Teck Cheong Consolidated Bhd — up half a sen at 18 sen
- Power Root Bhd — up 10 sen at RM2.10
- Ramssol Group Bhd — up three sen at 49.5 sen
- TMC Life Sciences Bhd — up two sen at 63 sen
The list of stocks with momentum is generated using a proprietary mathematical algorithm highlighting stocks with a build-up in trading volume and price. The algorithm differentiates between stocks that exhibit positive (+ve) momentum and negative (-ve) momentum.
This list is not a buy or sell recommendation. It merely tells you which stocks are seeing higher-than-normal volume and price movements.
The share price may move up or down from this point. But the "+ve" (suggesting a rising price trend on volume) and "-ve" (suggesting a falling price trend on volume) indicators should give readers a better idea of what the market is buying and when to sell. Note also that momentum generally only persists for a short period of time.
However, each stock has an accompanying fundamental score and valuation score to help readers evaluate the attractiveness of the stocks if they want to ride the momentum.