SAN FRANCISCO (Dec 21): The investment bank allegedly made “various untrue statements of material facts and omitted to state material facts” to deceive investors, according to the complaint filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan, with regard to its work with Malaysian state investment fund 1MDB.
* Lawsuit filed on behalf of investors who bought shares between Feb. 28, 2014, and Dec. 17, 2018
* A representative of New York-based Goldman Sachs didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment left outside regular business hours
* NOTE: Goldman’s Woes Mount as Malaysia Slaps First Criminal Charge
* NOTE: Goldman Sachs Prepares to Face Malaysian Legal System: QuickTake
* The case is Plaut v. Goldman Sachs Group Inc., 1:18-cv-12084, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).