Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Empire Resorts shareholders have given the green light for Genting Malaysia and Kien Huat Realty III to take the company private.
2. Malaysia Airlines is implementing a vendor development programme which aims to cut cost attributed to non-critical parts by 15%.
3. MIDF expects AirAsia X to become profitable in FY20, thanks to a stronger take-up of ancillary offerings. CGS-CIMB isn’t as optimistic.
4. The government will bear a RM10.3bil premium to ensure the financial health of Lembaga Tabung Haji is restored.
5. Sime Darby says the protests in Hong Kong have not caused damage to the company's assets there.