Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The government spent RM23.87 billion on retirement benefits for civil servants last year, up four times from RM5.86 billion in 2006.
2. Khazanah Nasional and Malaysia Aviation Group have shortlisted four candidates as a strategic partner for Malaysia Airlines.
3. Putrajaya is looking at coming up with new laws to prevent gig economy workers from being oppressed.
4. Luno becomes the first cryptocurrency exchange to get full approval from the Securities Commission to operate in Malaysia.
5. IFCA MSC plans to partner Huawei Services (Hong Kong) to explore opportunities for collaboration in fields such as AI and big data.