Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. IHH Healthcare is reportedly exploring a sale of International Medical University, which could fetch about US$300 million (RM1.22 billion).
2. MPHB Capital says it is still in talks to sell its stake in MPI Generali to Generali Asia in response to an UMA query from Bursa Malaysia.
3. Maybank IB Research believes the worst is over for the property sector, and names Sunway, Sime Darby Property and S P Setia as its top picks.
4. The FBM KLCI closes higher, boosted by the positive performance of banking stocks and a rebound in glove counters.
5. Malaysia detects its first two cases of the new Covid-19 strain from Nigeria, a variant said to possibly cause “an increase in transmissibility”.