KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 2): DBS Vickers analyst Toh Woo Kim upgraded the recommendation on Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd to buy from hold.
* Price target (PT) set to RM2.25, implies 26% increase. Astro Malaysia average PT is RM2.24.
* Astro Malaysia had 11 buy, 9 holds, 0 sells previously: Bloomberg data
* Analysts lowered their consensus one-year target price for the stock by 13 percent in the past three months. Forecasts range from RM1.65 to RM2.84.
* Investors who followed the analyst's recommendation would have received a 7.7 percent return in the past year, compared with the negative 26 percent return on the shares.
* In the past four years and one month, DBS Vickers has rated Astro Malaysia hold twice and buy once.
* The shares fell an average 28 percent in the periods rated hold and fell 0.4 percent in the period rated buy.