KUALA LUMPUR (April 15): Sime Darby Bhd shares rose 3.65 percent, more than any full-day gain since Jan 7, as Malaysia's benchmark index advanced.
* Shares advanced to RM2.27 from RM2.19 in the previous session.
* Trading volume was 78 percent more than the 20-day average.
* The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI gained 0.1 percent, and the MSCI AC Asia Pacific
Index rose 0.7 percent.
* In the past year, the stock had a similar or greater gain 16 times at the close; it advanced in the next trading session five times (1.8 percent, on average) and declined nine times (2 percent, on average).
* Shares are at a 19 percent discount to the analysts' consensus target price. The stock traded at an average 12 percent discount over the past year.
* RHB analyst Alexander Chia upgraded the recommendation on Sime Darby to neutral and assigned a target price of RM2.10 on April 12.
* Stock declined 20 percent in the past 52 weeks as the FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI
lost 13 percent.