Mesiniaga sets up new unit on rising demand for mobility biz solutions


-A +A

KUALA LUMPUR (July 7): Mesiniaga Bhd has established a new subsidiary, which will go by the name Mesiniaga Mobility Sdn Bhd, to cater to rising demand for mobility business solutions.

“Mesiniaga Mobility’s business’ objective is to enhance value by developing, marketing, and operating a mobile workforce management system, also referred to as 'Workforce Plus' (WF+),” the IT solutions company said in a filing to Bursa Malaysia today.

The WF+ is the first mobile Internet based productivity optimisation tool in Malaysia that connects to a system platform by using a mobile application via any mobile broadband or wireless connectivity.

According to Mesiniaga, there are two enterprise customers using this product and from active engagements, the product reflects good market traction.

“The features allow clients to maximise profit margin by improving business service level agreement (SLA), increasing productivity, reducing operating expenses in addition to engancing business controls.

“The Internet of Everything (IoE) is becoming an integral part of mobile workforce or field service management and can be adapted and enhanced to meet any future Field Services challenge,” it added.

Mesiniaga Mobility is 80% owned by Mesiniaga, while the remaining 20% is held by Alltrix Sdn Bhd.

Mesiniaga added that the establishment of its new subsidiary is not expected to have any material effect on the earnings or assets of the group for its financial year ending December 31, 2015.

Mesiniaga (fundamental: 0.95; valuation: 0.9) closed 0.9% or one sen higher today at RM1.12, giving it a market capitalisation of RM67.05 million.

(Note: The Edge Research's fundamental score reflects a company’s profitability and balance sheet strength, calculated based on historical numbers. The valuation score determines if a stock is attractively valued or not, also based on historical numbers. A score of 3 suggests strong fundamentals and attractive valuations.)