KUALA LUMPUR (June 11): The full Movement Control Order (MCO 3.0) is extended for another two weeks from June 15 to June 28, said Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
This followed a recommendation by the Ministry of Health during the National Security Council special meeting today, which was chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
"The decision was made after taking into account high daily new Covid-19 cases at above 5,000 cases, with average daily new cases of 6,871 as of yesterday," Ismail said in a statement.
Meanwhile, the standard operating procedures (SOPs) remain unchanged from what was announced previously for MCO 3.0 during June 1 to June 14, which is available on www.mkn.gov.my.
The first full MCO, conducted from March 18, 2020, was extended three times for a total of 46 days until May 3, 2020 before a relaxed Conditional MCO was imposed.
Malaysia recorded 6,849 new cases and 84 deaths today, bringing total cases to 646,411.