(May 24): Maybank Kim Eng analyst Shao Yang Yin upgraded the recommendation on Genting Malaysia Bhd to buy from hold.
* Price target (PT) raised to RM3.46 from RM3.40, implies 11% increase from last close. Genting Malaysia average PT is RM3.54.
* Genting Malaysia had eight buys, eight holds, four sells previously: Bloomberg data.
* Analysts lowered their consensus one-year target price for the stock by 7.4% in the past six months. Forecasts range from RM2.70 to RM5.
* Investors who followed Yin's recommendation would have received a negative 14% return in the past year, compared with the negative 36% return on the shares.
* Genting Malaysia reported earnings that trailed and sales that topped estimates for the quarter on May 23.