KUALA LUMPUR (May 14): Under the more relaxed conditional movement control order (CMCO) that will be enforced from May 13 till June 9, lawmakers and assemblymen will be allowed to attend Parliament or state assembly sittings.
This is according to the Federal Government Gazette that has been published.
However, the upcoming Parliament sitting, which has been scheduled for one day on May 18, will only feature the royal address.
Parliament speaker Datuk Seri Mohamad Ariff previously issued a statement to state that Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had informed him of the government's decision to change the meeting agenda as the Covid-19 outbreak had not been fully curbed.
Meanwhile, in conjunction with the upcoming Hari Raya Puasa, Pesta Kaamatan and Gawai Dayak Day, gatherings of up to 20 people are allowed — subject to such directions from the health director-general, according to the gazette. The same applies to gatherings for any funerals.
As for travelling in any private vehicle, the driver shall not carry more than three passengers, and these passengers must be those staying in the same house as the driver.
Below is the list of prohibited activities during the CMCO under the gazette (you can also read the full gazette here):
- Entertainment, leisure, sports and recreational activities which may cause a crowd to gather
- Activities in pubs and nightclubs, including restaurant business in pubs and nightclubs
- Activities relating to religious, cultural and art festivities which may cause a crowd to gather
- Business activities which may cause a crowd to gather
- Betting, sweepstake, lottery, gaming machine or games of chance activities such as gambling, number forecast, slot machine and horse racing gambling or betting and activities in casino
- Activities at a centralised labour quarters, employees’ hostel and dormitory which may cause a crowd to gather
- Fitting of clothes, using fitting rooms in clothes stores, trying on fashion accessories in stores and providing cosmetic testers in stores
- Services in barbershops and beauty salons
- Filming movies, dramas, documentaries and advertisements
- Cruise ship activities, tourism services and services at accommodation premises
- Installation and maintenance of machinery activities (such as lift, escalator and boiler) as well as tower crane at construction sites in groups
- Theory and practical examinations for shot-firer (blasting) for the mining and quarrying industry
- Certification for agri commodities
- Activities of financial services industry and banking involving sales and marketing not within the premises of financial institutions and banks, or in public places
- Commercial activities involving sales and marketing not within business premises, or in public places, not including food business at food courts, hawker centres, food stalls, food trucks and the like
#dudukrumahdiamdiam and get the news at theedgemarkets.com.