Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The Finance Ministry estimates that Malaysia’s shadow economy accounts for 21% of GDP or an estimated RM300bil.
2. A witness says the final version of the 1MDB audit report could not be printed until Datuk Seri Najib Razak gave his approval.
3. Police will summon MACC chief Latheefa Koya over the release of tapped phone calls involving Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
4. Kerjaya Prospek bags a RM617mil job to build apartments for Aspen Vision City in Penang.
5. Kenanga Investors is cautiously optimistic on returns for stocks listed on Bursa Malaysia this year.