Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Maju Holdings’ property developer unit, ASM Development (KL), has slapped Econpile with an almost RM346mil countersuit.
2. Bank Pembangunan Malaysia and Danajamin Nasional have received Bank Negara’s approval to start merger talks.
3. The MEF claims the minimum wage hike would result in an additional RM2.5bil in foreign remittance per year, and weaken the ringgit to boot.
4. Putrajaya is conducting a study on the review of the Motor No-Claims Discount (NCD) to encourage good driving behaviour and road safety.
5. Jiangsu G&L Food & Beverage Management Co, one of OldTown’s China franchisees, wants the café chain operator to be held responsible for the damages and losses it incurred.