Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. KTMB has accumulated losses of RM2.83bil, due to the fact that it can’t make its own decisions, and inefficiencies that have seen passengers wait for over four hours to catch a commuter train.
2. For the first time in Malaysian history, a former prime minister may take the stand tomorrow to defend himself and prove his innocence in a court of law.
3. Penang developer Ewein is once again teaming up with Consortium Zenith Construction – this time to jointly develop City of Dreams 2.
4. Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings has bagged contracts from Petronas Carigali and Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia for projects in the Malay Basin.
5. Markets risks are the biggest issue keeping Malaysian directors awake at night, along with operating risks and economic uncertainty.