Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. CGS-CIMB Securities group CEO Carol Fong confirms a split between the brokerage’s parent companies.
2. A banker confirms that no red flags were raised over the transfer of US$620 million out of Datuk Seri Najib Razak's account.
3. Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah fails to obtain a stay of proceedings in IRB’s RM9.41 million suit against him.
4. Betamek, which is slated to be listed on the ACE Market on October 26, aims to raise RM33.8 million from its IPO.
5. Bursa Malaysia ends broadly lower, with the FBM KLCI heading towards the 1,400 psychological level.