Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. CIMB net profit stays above RM1.01 bil in 3Q, despite higher expenses and provision.
2. AirAsia Group CEO and co-founder Tan Sri Tony Fernandes is said to be mulling an airline in China in the longer term.
3. Bumi Armada reports a net profit of RM153.4mil in 3Q versus a net loss of RM502.8mil a year earlier, driven mainly by its offshore marine services segment.
4. About US$124.5mil in proceeds from the sale of the Equanimity will now be placed in the MoF’s asset recovery account.
5. Palm oil growers are calling on Putrajaya to suspend indefinitely the windfall profit tax, even when CPO prices surpass RM2,500/tonne.