Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The Federal Court has ruled that the Prime Minister and all Cabinet ministers are public officers, and can be sued for abuse of authority.
2. Datuk Seri Najib Razak's mistrust of former AG Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail and ex-Deputy PM Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin may have led to their sacking in 2015.
3. Kuala Lumpur Kepong reported a 37% jump in 4Q earnings on the back of a one-off gain and higher profit at its manufacturing segment.
4. Putrajaya will revoke the licences of oil palm growers that fail to practice sustainable palm oil cultivation by Jan 1, 2020.
5. IHH Healthcare’s 31.1%-owned associate Fortis Healthcare has no intention of selling its 56%-owned diagnostic arm SRL.