Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The joint trial of Datuk Seri Najib Razak and ex-1MDB CEO Arul Kanda Kandasamy for allegedly tampering with the AG’s final report on the fund will start next Monday.
2. Petronas Chemicals Group sees its 3Q earnings slump 55% to RM553mil as average product prices fall in tandem with lower crude oil prices.
3. AirAsia X’s 3Q net loss widens by 16%, weighed down by depreciation on the assets leased under MFRS 16.
4. Shipping company MISC reports a 22% drop in 3Q net profit, on the back of a loss in its heavy engineering division and other adjustments.
5. Bursa Malaysia is eyeing 40 new listings next year, 30 of which are expected to be by SMEs.