Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The MACC says there are still RM18.9 billion of 1MDB-linked assets that have yet to be accounted for and spread across at least five countries.
2. Bank Negara keeps its key interest rate pat as it expects the country’s economic growth to come within projections.
3. Genting Malaysia’s subsidiary buys 13.2 million shares in Empire Resorts from Kien Huat Realty III at US$9.74/share.
4. Fraser & Neave Holdings sees a 17.7% drop in 4QFY19 net profit, although full year numbers were better with net profit improving by 6.1%.
5. Westports Holdings says 3Q net profit rose 12% on the back of double-digit growth in container volume, and the container tariff hike.