Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The AG expresses concern over Putrajaya’s dependence on new loans to pay matured debt as overall federal liability jumps to RM1.187 trillion in 2020.
2. Financial management non-compliance at federal ministries and departments lead to RM620 million in losses in 2020.
3. Malaysia’s exports hit a record monthly high of RM110.8 bil — the 13th straight month of y-o-y expansion since September 2020.
4. Lotte Chemical Titan Holding sees its 3QFY21 net profit plunge 87.2% quarter-on-quarter on higher feedstock costs.
5. BAT Malaysia’s 3QFY21 net profit climbs 23.4% to RM78.68 million, boosted by an increase in market share.