Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Widad Business Group Sdn Bhd has made a big play for PLUS Malaysia Bhd by revising upwards its earlier offer.
2. Think tank Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) says PM Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is still “de-facto” finance minister despite not officially holding the portfolio.
3. Eagle US 2 LLC has exercised its call option on Lotte Chemical Titan Holding Bhd JV LACC LLC.
4. Mudajaya Group Bhd shares saw a sharp spike on a possible corporate announcement.
5. Permodalan Nasional Bhd group chairman Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz says that GLICs and GLCs should be conscious of their role in the economy.