Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. A survey for staffing firm Randstad shows that 9 out of 10 Malaysians are looking to emigrate for better career opportunities and work-life balance.
2. Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad defends the Asian Financial Crisis countermeasures that have been criticised for benefiting the country’s tycoons.
3. Bursa Malaysia saw its 3Q earnings shrink by 6% to RM47.1 million, as operating revenue slumped.
4. 1MDB former chief Datuk Shahrol Azral Ibrahim Halmi has admitted to being the "1MDB Officer 2" mentioned by the US Justice Department.
5. Tan Sri Vincent Tan's private company Singer (M) has emerged as PN17 firm, Berjaya Media’s white knight.