Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. PM Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad says Malaysia could be hit by trade sanctions, as protectionism continues to threaten global growth.
2. Ex-1MDB CEO Datuk Shahrol Azral Ibrahim Halmi rushed a US$2.5bil JV deal involving 1MDB and Petrosaudi International for a signing ceremony that never happened.
3. Transport Minister Anthony Loke is meeting with the PM’s media advisor, Datuk A. Kadir Jasin tomorrow over remarks he made last Thursday.
4. Genting Malaysia is on track to launch its outdoor theme park in 3Q next year, with day passes expected to be priced at around RM200/day.
5. KTMB has appointed a new CEO -- Datuk Ir Kamarulzaman Zainal, who was formerly with government tech think tank MIGHT.