EVENING 5: Five things you need to know today
EVENING 5: Axiata & RHB team-up to bid for digital banking licence
Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Axiata Group Bhd and RHB Banking Group have signed a heads of agreement to form a consortium to apply for a digital banking licence.
2. Mall workers are expected to pay a reduced charge of RM50 for on-site vaccination centres in an effort to speed up inoculation efforts as Covid-19 deaths hit a heartbreaking milestone.
3. Spanish oil and gas company Repsol has agreed to sell its assets in Malaysia and Vietnam to Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd.
4. Serba Dinamik Holdings Bhd’s chief Datuk Dr Mohd Abdul Karim Abdullah has raised his stake in the company even as key shareholder Permodalan Nasional Bhd turns wary.
5. Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd’s vehicle sales dropped 37% in May on chip shortages and the MCO.