Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. The Malaysian government has agreed to a US$80 million settlement with Deloitte PLT in relation to the auditor’s role in the 1Malaysia Development Bhd scandal.
2. Genting Malaysia Bhd’s senior management has agreed to another round of pay cuts as Covid-19 continues to bite.
3. Paramount Corp Bhd says the current low interest rate environment bodes well for the property market.
4. The FBM KLCI perked up today on bargain hunting for glove-related stocks.
5. Yinson Holdings Bhd’s unit has bagged a solar power contract worth RM1.5 billion in India.