Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Rights groups say some Malaysian palm oil plantations are discouraging their foreign workers from going home at the end of their contracts.
2. The KL High Court fixes Feb 8 and 9, 2021 for the forfeiture hearing of 1MDB-linked luxury items seized from premises belonging to OBYU Holdings.
3. The prosecution closes its case in Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor’s graft trial, and offers 10 witnesses to the defence.
4. The FBM KLCI closes higher, driven by a rally in banking and financial services-related stocks, as investors switch to recovery play.
5. Bursa Malaysia slaps Ipmuda with an unusual market activity query over the sharp rises in its share price and volume recently.