Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Malaysia’s absolute poverty rate jumps to 5.6% after Putrajaya revised the national poverty line income to RM2,208 per household per month.
2. Analysts say Malaysia’s economy, as measured by GDP, could have contracted sharply by over 10% in 2Q2020 from a year earlier.
3. Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad will attempt a motion of no-confidence against Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin at Parliament next week.
4. The KL High Court dismisses the MACC’s RM3mil forfeiture suit against AGA Touch (M).
5. MyHSR Corporation reappoints Datuk Mohd Nur Ismal Kamal as its CEO, effective today, confirming a story by The Edge.