Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Malaysia's economic growth moderates sharply to 0.7% in 1Q20, hammered by measures taken to contain the Covid-19 outbreak.
2. Putrajaya is working on a six-month short-term recovery plan to revive the economy and will announce it by the end of May.
3. The Dewan Rakyat may miss the motion for the no-confidence vote against Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin on May 18.
4. Star Media Group confirms the departure of its chief executive officer Andreas Vogiatzakis after nine months on the job.
5. RHB Research is maintaining a ‘buy’ call on Genting Malaysia despite expecting it to register unprecedented losses in 2Q20.