Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Bank Negara is expected to make the biggest cut to the OPR since 2009 next week, according to a Reuters poll.
2. Bursa Malaysia reports a 38% jump in 1Q net profit on securities and derivative trading revenue.
3. Sapura Energy expects another two challenging years as this year’s unprecedented oil market downturn delays its recovery path.
4. Blu Inc Media, a publishing stalwart with 19 lifestyle titles in its portfolio, will be ceasing operations effective today.
5. Grab is reportedly asking its staff across the region to go on no-pay leave, reduce their working hours, or take sabbaticals.