Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. CIMB Group is believed to have an exposure to troubled oil trader Hin Leong Trading that owes almost US$4 billion to more than 20 banks.
2. The Genting conglomerate is reportedly planning the first group-wide salary cut since its founding in 1965.
3. CIMB Asean Research Institute warns that micro SMEs are likely to be wiped out in the pandemic unless they go online.
4. Tadmax Resources is selling a 25% stake in Pulau Indah power project to Korea Electric Power Corp for RM41.75mil.
5. The FBM KLCI and Bursa Malaysia’s energy index tumble after prices of US crude oil futures fell below zero.