Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. In a shocking turn of events, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is now interim Prime Minister after quitting this morning as both PM and Bersatu chairman.
2. Bank Negara is monitoring the conditions in the financial markets as the ringgit weakens and the FBM KLCI falls to an eight-year low.
3. Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s lawyers will not be calling a document expert to testify at the SRC International trial after all.
4. UEM Sunrise sees a six-fold surge in 4Q net profit, mainly on the back of a gain from its divestment of the 412 St Kilda Road site in Melbourne.
5. Serba Dinamik Holdings is in the final stage of the underwriting of a RM1.2bil Islamic syndicated financing with five Malaysian and foreign banks.