Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Malaysia jumps 10 spots to 51st position in Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2019.
2. AirAsia Group and Malindo Air both halt all flights to and from Wuhan, China, which is currently on lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak.
3. Axiata Group president and CEO Tan Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim will be stepping down at the end of the year.
4. AllianceDBS Research says BIMB and Alliance Bank Malaysia are the most at risk in the short term following yesterday’s OPR cut.
5. Datuk Seri Najib Razak allegedly used SRC International-linked funds to fund the operations of a political news portal.