Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. KLCI slips below crucial 1,600 point mark, the lowest level in almost four years.
2. Genting and Genting Malaysia both see their share prices suffer as news surrounding Empire Resorts gets worse.
3. Sime Darby buys NZ-based Gough Group for half-a-billion ringgit, its largest deal since the demerger.
4. Petronas Chemical sees its 2QFY19 net profit drop 22.3% on lower revenue and higher taxes.
5. Malaysia is no closer to nabbing 1MDB fugitives Low Taek Jho and Nik Faisal Ariff Kamil despite Interpol’s Red Notice.