(May 14): Credit Suisse analyst Danny Chan upgraded the recommendation on Genting Malaysia Bhd to outperform from neutral.
* Price target (PT) raised to RM4.10 from RM3.80, implies 32% increase from last close. Genting Malaysia average PT is RM3.55.
* Genting Malaysia had seven buys, nine holds, four sells previously: Bloomberg data.
* Analysts raised their consensus one-year target price for the stock by 2.2% in the past three months. Forecasts range from RM2.70 to RM5.
* Investors who followed Chan's recommendation would have received a negative 39% return in the past year, compared with the negative 36% return on the shares.
* In the past three years and nine months, Credit Suisse has rated Genting Malaysia neutral twice and outperform once.
* The shares rose an average 7.2% in the periods rated neutral and fell 37% in the period rated outperform.