KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 16): The Health Ministry has identified 19 new Covid-19 clusters, 14 of which are linked to workplaces. Four others were community clusters, while one was linked to high-risk groups.
Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Malaysia has reported 1,015 clusters to-date, of which 499 are currently active.
The latest workplace clusters are:
· The Jalan Segambut construction site cluster in Kepong, KL with 173 infections
· Industri Cyber cluster in Kulai, Johor with 161 infections
· Rawang Bestari cluster which spans Gombak and Hulu Langat in Selangor (45 infections)
· Jalan Lazuardi cluster in Petaling, Selangor (24 infections)
· Jalan Industri Dua Belas cluster in Petaling, Selangor (17 infections)
· Jalan Industri Tiga cluster in Gombak, Selangor (16 infections)
· Jalan Pelepas Empat cluster in Johor Bahru, Johor (87 infections)
· Wawasan Kulai cluster involving Kulai and Kota Tinggi in Johor (68 infections)
· Package Pengerang cluster in Kota Tinggi, Johor (10 infections)
· Jalan Apas Empat cluster which spans Tawau and Kalabakan in Sabah (22 infections)
· Simpang Tiga cluster involving Kota Belud, Kota Marudu and Pitas in Sabah (25 infections)
· Jalan Kayu Manis cluster in Manjung, Perak (12 infections)
· Jalan Day cluster which spans Kota Setar and Kubang Pasu in Kedah (12 infections)
· Jengka Tujuh cluster involving Maran and Jerantut in Pahang (20 infections)
The four community clusters were detected in Sarawak, namely the Univista cluster involving Samarahan and Kuching with 45 infections; the Gelong cluster in Kapit with 14 infections; the Kampung Sungai Maong cluster in Kuching (18); and the Kidurong Dua cluster in Bintulu (12).
The sole high-risk group cluster is the Jalan Geronggang cluster in Sibu, Sarawak with 41 infections.
Dr Noor Hisham said nine clusters were deemed to have ended today, as no new cases were reported for 28 days.
They are the Jalan Thamby cluster in Kuala Lumpur; Hevea construction site cluster in Selangor; Jalan Padu cluster in Johor; Pasar Jalan Sentosa cluster in Selangor; Wawasan Gading cluster in Johor; Jalan Datuk cluster in Kuala Lumpur; Tampoi Jaya cluster in Johor; Rantau Cempaka cluster in Selangor; and Keranji Tabuan cluster in Sarawak .
A total of 79 clusters recorded new cases today, with the Damar construction site cluster involving Selangor and Putrajaya logging the highest number of infections at 201, followed by the Jalan Segambut construction site cluster in Kuala Lumpur (173); and the Industri Cyber cluster in Johor (161).
Malaysia logged 2,720 new Covid-19 infections today, bringing the cumulative confirmed infections to 269,165.