KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 22): RHB Research Institute analyst Soong Wei Siang downgraded the recommendation on British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Bhd to take profits from buy.
* Price target (PT) set to RM38, implies 2.8% increase. BAT Malaysia average PT is RM36.29.
* BAT Malaysia had 6 buys, 5 holds, 7 sells previously: Bloomberg data
* Analysts lowered their consensus one-year target price for the stock by 3.2 percent in the past six months. Forecasts range from RM24.50 to RM42.50.
* Investors who followed the analyst's recommendation would have received a 29 percent return in the past year, the same as the company's performance.
* BAT Malaysia reported earnings and sales that topped estimates for the quarter on Feb 21.