KUALA LUMPUR (June 2): Based on corporate announcements and news flow today, companies in focus tomorrow (June 3) may include: Axiata Group Bhd, RHB Bank Bhd, Serba Dinamik Holdings Bhd, Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd, Techfast Holdings Bhd, Wah Seong Corp Bhd, Datasonic Group Bhd, Sime Darby Plantation Bhd, Boustead Holdings Bhd and Computer Forms (Malaysia) Bhd.
Axiata Group Bhd's subsidiary, Boost Holdings Sdn Bhd, and RHB Banking Group have signed a Heads of Agreement to form a consortium to apply for a digital banking licence from Bank Negara Malaysia. Axiata said Boost would own a majority stake of 60% in the digital bank joint venture while RHB would hold the remaining 40%, with a minimum issued share capital of RM100 million.
Serba Dinamik Holdings Bhd said it has accepted a request from its second largest shareholder Datuk Abdul Kadier Sahib to withdraw the proposal to remove the company’s external auditor KPMG. Meanwhile, Kumpulan Wang Persaraan (Diperbadankan) (KWAP) has ceased to be a substantial shareholder of the group after the pension fund sold 26.03 million shares on the open market yesterday.
Spanish oil and gas company Repsol has agreed to sell its exploration and production assets in Malaysia and in Block 46 CN in Vietnam to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd. Hibiscus said its indirect unit Peninsula Hibiscus Sdn Bhd has signed an agreement with Repsol to acquire the entire equity interest in Fortuna International Petroleum Corp for US$212.5 million cash.
Techfast Holdings Bhd has secured an RM1.46 billion contract to supply a range of marine fuel oils over a three-year period to a Singapore-based integrated marine fuel oil logistics provider. It said its wholly-owned subsidiary Fast Energy Sdn Bhd will supply Wise Marine Pte Ltd up to 20,000 tonnes of low sulphur fuel oil, low sulphur marine gas oil and high sulphur fuel oil every month.
Wah Seong Corp Bhd has secured a contract worth US$39.4 million (RM162.45 million) for the supply of oil and gas processing and compression modules in the African nation of Gabon. The contract was awarded to Wah Seong’s indirect unit Wasco Engineering International Ltd by BW Energy Gabon.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has granted Datasonic Group Bhd an RM39.75 million contract to provide maintenance services for card personalisation centres. The group said the project involves a comprehensive maintenance services of card personalisation centres at the National Registration Department.
The High Court today granted Sime Darby Plantation Bhd (SDP) leave to challenge the "unlawful" acquisition of 380 acres of land of its Byram Estate in Seberang Perai Selatan by the Penang government and the state-owned Penang Development Corporation (PDC). SDP deems the compulsory acqusition as unlawful and an abuse of the Land Acquisition Act on the grounds that the company was allegedly required to give up the land at a very low value.
The High Court also granted Boustead Holdings Bhd’s subsidiary Boustead Naval Shipyard Sdn Bhd a three-month restraining order and leave to proceed with its scheme of arrangement with its creditors.
Computer Forms (Malaysia) Bhd has proposed a bonus issue of up to 164 million new shares on the basis of four bonus shares for every one existing share. The group said the bonus issue is expected to be completed by the third quarter of 2021.