DID you know that tomorrow, Nov 11, is Singles’ Day? In celebration of being single, the day has since become the world’s largest online shopping festival with Alibaba’s Global Shopping Festival. It will feature 15 million product listings from 140,000 brands attracting about 500 million users across the group’s various platforms.
However, nowadays, online shopping is no longer limited to small everyday items such as clothes, gadgets and books, but could also include bigger and more luxurious items such as furniture, cars and even properties.
Real estate can also be part of this shopping frenzy! While more still needs to be done before we can transact properties online securely, the internet has already benefitted property buyers by providing a platform to view, research and discuss particular projects and areas, as well as get the latest news about the property market.
In Malaysia, the speed of real estate industry digitisation has never slowed despite the overall low market sentiment for the past two to three years.
For example, EdgeProp.my organised the first property virtual fair in Malaysia — Virtual Property Expo 2017 (VPEX 2017) from July 21 to 31, featuring 20 established property developers offering more than 50 projects located in the Klang Valley, Penang, Johor, Sabah and London.
The event marked a milestone for the digitisation of the real estate industry in Malaysia and demonstrated the benefits of shopping for property online.
Eleven reasons to shop for real estate online:
1. No need to deal with aggressive estate agents
2. No need to worry about traffic and transport to “view” the property
3. “View” your preferred properties anytime, anywhere
4. Ask the seller any question without feeling shy or embarrassed
5. Can check out as many properties as you want at the same time
6. See different locations within a shorter time
7. Information and fact sheets on the respective propertes are easily available in digital catalogues and flyers
8. Possibility of finding information about the property such as reviews and transaction records online
9. Able to instantly compare products to make faster and more informed purchase decision
10. Time flexibility to research and consider your options before making a decision
11. Can be more prepared with relevant questions for the seller before the actual viewing
This story first appeared in EdgeProp.my pullout on Nov 10, 2017. Download EdgeProp.my pullout here for free.