KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 10): Bankers named in Bloomberg report among bidders to arrange 200 billion yen (US$1.9 billion) Samurai bond sale, Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng tells press conference in Putrajaya.
* NOTE: Malaysia is said to pick arrangers for US$1.9 billion Samurai bond.
* Final decision only to be made next week, Lim says on Thursday.
* Malaysia confident deficit levels are on track for 3.7% for 2018, 3.4% for 2019, 3% for 2020, and under 2.8% in 2021.
* Malaysia collected 5.4b ringgit from the Sales and Services Tax in the past 2 months, exceeding estimation of 4b ringgit.
* Malaysia will not need to recalibrate budget if crude prices remain within the range of US$50-US$70 per barrel.