DOSH investigation report on MRT site accident expected within two weeks

-A +A

KUALA LUMPUR: The Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) is expected to issue its report on the accident at a Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) construction site in Kota Damansara as early as the end of next week, said Gamuda Bhd managing director Datuk Lin Yun Ling.

"The official investigation report by DOSH usually takes three to four weeks. I think it should come out by the end of next week, or the week after," Lin told the reporters here today, in a MRT Improved Safety briefing held by MMC-Gamuda KVMRT (PDP) Sdn Bhd.

Lin is also the representative of MMC-Gamuda, the project delivery partner (PDP) for MRT project.

Last Monday, a 690-tonne overhead concrete span collapsed at a MRT worksite in a township in Kota Damansara, killing three Bangladeshi workers.

Separately, Minister in Prime Minister's Office Datuk Seri Idris Jala said the MRT project is on-track and the government does not foresee any cost-overrun at the moment.

"We still believe that we will be able to complete on schedule," he said.

Idris Jala, who is also the chief executive officer of Performance Management & Delivery Unit (PEMANDU), also highlighted that the government is committed to stay within the current budget that has been allocated to the MRT project.

"We will have to look at that (the cost) overtime, but the current budget is so far, so good," he said.

To recap, the entire 51km Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line of MRT project, built at a cost of RM23 billion, is expected to be fully operational by 2017.