JAKARTA (Aug 2): New route on Oct 28, it says in statement.
* Co. to offer four weekly nights to Silangit airport in Indonesia’s Sumatra island from Kuala Lumpur.
* New route is co’s commitment to support Indonesian govt in developing 10 new tourism destinations, including Lake Toba, according to AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.
* NOTE: AirAsia plans group structure for long-haul arm, Fernandes says
* NOTE: Indonesia’s June foreign tourist arrival rises 15.21% y/y: BPS
* NOTE: Jokowi pushes tourism for dollars as funds flee Indonesia